January 03, 2008

OK, I emailed Dr. Sutherland's assistant this week because I hadn't received any paperwork about the surgery. She emailed me today and told me I should have been contacted by another woman to schedule my endoscopy on Wednesday. I wasn't! So does this mean I don't have to have it, I hope?! I don't want to be under anesthesia on Wednesday and be in the hospital that day too. So, I'll be in the hospital wed. at 7:45 with Dr. Sutherland for all the pre-testing and stuff, but possibly not an endoscopy. Then on Friday, I'll be admitted bright and early at 5:30am. I'm sure surgery will be at like 6:30 or something. They usually prep you for an hour or two. I'll be in surgery for 12 hours and she said that Dr. Sutherland will come out and talk to the family when they are "dissecting" my pancreas to get the cells. She said procedure, I say dissect. Anyways, that's the latest on everything.

No comments: