March 03, 2008

Post Surgery Day #25 8:15p

Everything has been going well. Rita, Bruce, Brandi, Ben, and the girls were over here on saturday and we had dinner and hung out. I was able to chase the girls around that night, but slept quite a bit on sunday to make up for it. That's ok, it was well worth it. We also went to Megan and Brian's friday night and it was great to see friends. I went to the office on friday for a baby shower and stayed for a few hours to do some work too, so I did have quite a busy weekend. I was pretty tired today too, so I didn't do much. I think mom and I are going to get out of the house tomorrow. we got all the glue off my incision and it looks great. It's already starting to heal really well. We keep putting the vaseline on it and it does seem to help a lot. there are places where you can't even really see the scar already! So, after a few weeks, the only things going on are the upset stomachs, tiredness, and back spasms from walking hunched over. The back spasms are becoming farther apart now that it's a bit easier to walk upright. It's weird because I don't even notice sometimes that I'm walking hunched over. I still haven't had to take the corrective insulin either. It's really weird because last night my insulin was 49 before dinner, which is really low. Normal is 70-120. They said that when you're low, you're really be able to feel it and I didn't feel any different. I know friends that have passed out and become disoriented being low like that, but I felt completely fine. It's kind of frustrating since I don't feel any of the differences and have to rely completely on the meter when they told me in the hospital I'll be able to tell where I am on the scale. Although, I'm usually always on the low end, so maybe my normal is lower than others. I don't know. Anyways, that's about my only excitement. I am hoping to go back to work in a couple of weeks. I promise I'll start out slow! maybe ;) alright, that's all I have for now. I'll write again in a few days, but not much is going on right now other than mom and I just hanging out and her taking care of everything around here! Love, Nicole

No comments: