May 22, 2008

My Reward for Completing 10 years of CP!


So, Since surgery I have been basically starting over with life and learning how to deal without so much pain and discomfort. I also wanted something in my life to remind me how strong I am and how much I have overcome after 10 years of chronic pancreatitis and bad doctors, etc. So on May 16th, I decided that I was going to get a tattoo of the pancreatic transplant ribbon on my right hip (a couple inches to the bottom right of my scar) and I absolutely love it. It's a reminder to me how I suffered and succeeded and the pain from the tattoo was a piece of cake and almost comforting to know that this part of my life is concluding and we're going to make it. Now, obviously not everyone is going to go out and get a tattoo, but do something when you're done with this surgery and part of your life and make yourself feel alive. For the first time, I felt like I controlled my life and my body and it was the best feeling. I've also decided that I think I am going to go back to school for nursing and it's almost a pay it forward thing for me. I've had bad nurses and bad doctors and it's time to do something and learn from the bad things I had to go through and I will be damned if I ever am a bad nurse to someone that is suffering. Good Luck. Nicole

No comments: