February 17, 2009

1yr follow up- 2/10/09

My appt went great in Minnesota!! It was so nice seeing everyone there again. It's amazing. The woman that drew my blood remembered me from last year because she drew my blood one morning in the hospital. They just remember everyone and are so sweet there. I got to see Dr. Sutherland and he was so proud of how well I'm doing! He wanted to try to get me off insulin completely, but I told him the big news and he wanted to wait until after the pregnancy to do that. He thinks my levels look great and things are working well, so it could be a possibility. So, I drank the lovely boost and did the bloodwork after a couple of hours and then we were on our way to shop! Mom and I spent all day tuesday shopping and hit every inch of the mall of america! We are so talented! We then were beat and ordered in pizza and hung out in the room that night. It was funny. the IU basketball team was actually staying on our floor! How crazy for them to be in minneapolis the same time we were! Our flight home on wednesday was pretty rough from all the bad storms and there was a time that I thought my stomach wasn't going to cooperate with me, but we landed and made it back safely! Overall, it was such a fun trip. I got to meet a girl I'd been emailing with and talk to her about the surgery. She is a sweetheart. I had such a fun trip with mom and it was just so awesome to spend those days with her and be completely relaxed this time! I love her dearly! It looks like I won't see Minnesota for another year too! woohoo! What a fun milestone this was!

No comments: