February 06, 2009

Heading Back to Minnesota!

On Monday, mom and I will be back in lovely, freezing minnesota!! I have my one year follow up on 2/10. It is exactly one year and 2 days after my surgery, so it'll be very neat to go back up and see Dr. Sutherland again. Can't say I'm thrilled to have to experience that cold weather again! I would never go to class if I went to school there!

I've been lucky enough to talk to quite a few patients of his that are considering the surgery and I have to say, it's one of the highlights of my day. I absolutely love talking to them and trying to help in any way I can. It's rough going through something like that. I am lucky enough that one of the girls I've been talking to has an appt an hour after mine and is staying in the same hotel! I am very excited to meet up with her and hear how her appt went, but to also be able to put a face to the name! I am very excited for that!

I am hoping some of the nurses I had will also be there as I plan to stop by the transplant floor and say hi! It's always fun to go back and see everyone. Unfortunately, last time, I didn't get to see Liz, who took the most care of me. Hopefully this time I will!

Other than that, mom and I will leave Indy at 1pm and get to Minneapolis at 5pm, so we'll have plenty of time to get settled in and grab some dinner and stuff. After a year, I think I can handle applebees again! It was a little much since it was the only thing in the hotel that I could eat last time! Then tues, I see Dr. Sutherland at 8:30 and then mom and I have the rest of the day to shop at Mall of America! We'll be home around 6 on wednesday night! It'll be a fun girls trip!

I'll try to hop on when I'm there to let you know how the appt goes, but I'm almost positive I'm going to get nothing but good news!

No comments: