February 16, 2008

Hotel Recovery Day #2- 9pm

So things have gotten worse..... My fever overnight was up to 103.3 deg and we couldn't get it to go down even with all the tylenol and cold rags. Finally this morning it dropped a bit and right now we're on our way back up at 101.9. I truly feel that I have the flu from the vaccine. We looked it up on the internet and all the symptoms match. Also, it says that if you have a low grade fever and infection that you should not take the flu vaccine because it will cause you to get the flu due to your body not being able to fight it off. Unfortunately, I called the nurses station again and she had no idea!! Thank God for Google! Surprisingly, the nausea and vomiting didn't hurt my stomach! Things are going amazingly well in that area. I am having problems eating, but I believe it is due to this flu. I had no trouble keeping food down or not being nauseous in the hospital before the flu shot. we did do the CT scan and chest X ray, so we are pretty confident it's nothing to do with the surgery. Also, the place where I got the vaccine is hot to the touch and red! So, I am getting as much rest as I can. I was so excited to get to the hotel since they wake you up every hour in the hospital, but Tara has taken over that roll and the alarm goes over starting at 4am! So, We are going to see how the weekend goes and if things get worse, we'll go to the ER, but right now, don't feel it's any complications to the surgery. Please pray for this to pass quickly. Love, Nicole

No comments: