February 22, 2008

Post Surgery Day #14 10am

So, nothing really went on yesterday. My back is really starting to hurt with all the coughing and not being able to walk upright, so I had to put a heating pad on it last night, although it didn't do much. So, I was pretty inactive yesterday. This morning I got up and Mowery Heating is here! As another surprise from my parents (like they haven't done enough for us), dad was going to try to complete the whole fireplace and surprise me when I got home from MN. Well, since I recovered so quickly, he didn't have time to do it, so they just told us about it. So, the gas guy is here and is running a gas line so we can have a gas fireplace! I can't say it enough how much my parents do for us! We are super lucky and I feel bad that they have done so much during this surgery!! So, other than that, I'm just sitting and recovering. My glucose levels are still in good levels with just the long acting insulin, so I still don't have to do the corrective insulin! My pills have decreased a little now that I'm done with the big antibiotics, so that is nice! Well, other than that, I'm feeling pretty good and getting up and moving around as much as possible! I will keep you posted! Love, Nicole

1 comment:

Rita said...

You are sounding good! I am so glad the insulin levels are staying steady--one less thing to worry about. Bruce and I will be in Indiana next weekend -- cannot wait to see you then.