February 20, 2008

Post Surgery Day # 12 11:30p

Today was my first day home! We got home last night at 10pm. It was such a long day and I was so exhausted by the time I got home that I was on the verge of tears! It's amazing how weak and tired you are from surgery! I slept on the couch for the elevation and James slept on the other side of it. I woke up this morning at 8am to begin my days worth of pills and James went to mcdonalds to get me some breakfast. Well, he came back and took his temperature and it was 102.5! He ended up staying home today and he looked awful. He was all pale and was coughing and sneezing like crazy. Mom came by late morning and sent james upstairs with some medicine. I slept on the couch until about 2pm and james woke up shortly after completely soaked but without a fever. Thank God for mom because she helped me shower and did my hair and also did all of our laundry and helped around the house! She's just absolutely amazing and I am so lucky to have her! I can't say it enough! She decided to make me some dinners for the week so she made a list and I was getting stir crazy, so she let me tag along to the store. I got to ride in the motorized wheelchair! we couldn't stop laughing!! The first one I got in had a flat tire and it was super bumpy and hurt so bad! We switched out and it was much better! It's so hard to see things at that level!! So, we finally left there and that little bit made me exhausted. We came home and she began making chicken enchilada casserole and chicken and broccoli casserole. I sat in a chair by her and helped cut an onion and some chicken, but she basically did all the work! We had part of one for dinner and then froze the rest for later. She's coming back over tomm. to help clean the house and help me until I can get on my feet a bit better. I can get around and walk, but my legs are pretty shaky on the stairs and the energy level just isn't there yet. My insulin levels are still doing great just on the 24hr insulin, so I haven't had to take any before meals. So, not any big news today. We're just taking it easy and settling in and slowly getting back to normal! Talk to you tomorrow! Love, Nicole

1 comment:

Barry said...

Hurray! Welcome home to "da burg". Sounds like James needs some recuperation time too. I'm glad you're home and doing well.

Bary