February 17, 2008

Hotel Recovery Day #3- 8:30pm

So, Today was a bit better than before. My fever finally went away and I got to eat three meals today. Still not able to eat a whole lot, but I am sure that will come with time and when you have the flu, you really just don't have the appetite at all. It started to come back today around lunch, so I got to eat some spinach/artichoke dip from applebees. Still had the terrible cough, which actually made me sick after lunch, so that was upsetting (and I am sure too much info), but I felt much better afterwards and got to walk a lot more today with mom. We just had some chinese food, but my fever is 99.9 right now, so I am hoping it's not on its way back up too much. We did take tylenol a few minutes ago, so that will hopefully help. Surprisingly, i've not had to take any of my insulin before the meals since my levels have been in the normal range, so that is prety good so far! I know when I start to eat more it might fluctuate, or my islet cells may start working and I won't have to worry about it at all! James made it home tonight. His original flight was cancelled due to chicago weather, but it worked out that he got a direct flight home instead. He sat at the airport for a few extra hours, but he got to watch the daytona 500, so he was pretty happy. My incision is starting to itch!! it's driving me nuts. we are going to ask the doctor if we can put vaseline and stuff on it because it is starting to scab over and we want to make sure it does the best it can when it heals. So, we'll keep an eye on my fever again and then have to head to the doctor tomorrow morning at 7:30am for labs and stuff. We'll let you know when we find out more! Love, Nicole

No comments: