February 12, 2008

Recovery Day 4 8:30pm

So, I have been up and around most of the day, which has been nice, but I'm getting pretty bored. IMy back is starting to get really sore from overuse since can't use the stomach muscles. The lidocaine patches on both sides of my incision has helped quite a bit with the pain too. I had a full liquid diet this evening which was so tasteful. right. I had cream of chicken soup without the chicken and a few bites of ice cream, so it was my first meal since the surgery. I did watch TLC all day and watched all kinds of good chef shows for good food ideas! My diabetes meter acted up today and we're not sure what is going on with that yet. it was 40 points lower than the hospital's meter. I am back on the shots of the blood thinners since my hemoglobin is back down and the internal bleeding seems to still be going on. We're either going to do another transfusion or we may just hold out and see how it goes on its own. I heard tonight that we're probably not going to do the re-surgery! woohoo! so, it looks like the plan is wean off more tomm on the pain meds and I have been on the shots of the insulin since the morning too, so another thing that is off the list. there is a male nurse here that gave me my anti-nausea med with benadryl last night so I could sleep, so I was super thankful for that! i only was up at 2,4, and 7am, and then officially up by 8:30! i know, megs, you're shocked, but I can't sleep in the hospital at all!!! :) not to mention, they prick my finger every hour to the point where they are bruised! So, hopefully we'll be out by the weekend, but we'll keep seeing. i'm still pushing for the 8 day goal. Talk to you all tomorrow!! Love, Nicole

1 comment:

Mrs. Timm said...

You're right, dear, I am completely shocked! Nicole up by 8:30 a.m. is amazing all on it's own! :) haha
So glad to hear everything is going great! Can't wait to hear your new cooking ideas too!!!
Love you!