February 15, 2008

Recovery Day #7-4pm

I am getting discharged! It took over an hour to get an IV in my arm and lots of sticks and tears, so I was hurting pretty good from all that. The Ct scan showed some fluid in the pelvis and something in the chest area( I don't know medical terms that they keep saying-like the infection i have!), but they said they are not worried about it too much! So, I am waiting for my meds to get written and discharge papers. We are going to stay in the hotel until my tuesday morning appt at 8:30am. After that, we're home free to recover on my nice, comfy couch! Thank you to all of you for the cards, flowers, and cheering up items! They all helped tremendously! It will feel really good to be in the hotel in a bed where no one wakes u up every hour to check vitals or blood sugar!! So, we have lowered my insulin to 10 units instead of 18, so we'll see how it goes. I did set the record for quickest hospital time, so the pancreas has pulled through in one way! I will keep you all updated throughout the weekend on how we progress and how monday and tuesday's appts go. Thanks to all of you for the sweet thoughts and prayers again! love, nicole

1 comment:

Eryn said...

Congrats on getting out of the hospital! I know you are THRILLED! I am so happy that you are doing so well. Love you guys!

Eryn