February 18, 2008

Hotel Recovery Day #4-6:30pm

Tonight should be my last night in this hotel, if all goes well!! We got up this morning and went to the hospital at 7:30 for bloodwork to find out that no orders were put in. So, we had to wait for the secretary to call people and check on things so we sat there for over 2 hours for a 2 second blood draw! woohoo! We also found out when we got there that my appt tomorrow is now at 10am for some reason instead of 8:30am. So, we went ahead and scheduled our flight tomorrow for 2:30 and we will be home in indy at 10pm! we have quite a long layover in chicago but it will probably be good to rest in between the two flights, especially if they are as rough as the flights here! James got home last night but unfortunately has developed a fever today! He's not feeling too hot at home, so it looks like mom, james, and I have all gotten the flu bug. I still have the cough, but I believe it's from the small amount of fluid in my lungs from the x ray, so hopefully that will pass in the next few days. I think mom was pretty sick of me last night! I was coughing like crazy and she gave me some cough medicine and it didn't help at all! I think I finally fell asleep mid-cough from exhaustion! So, since I am doing this for family and friends, but also future patients, I have to add about my incision. it definitely starts itching when it heals. We put some vaseline on it last night because it is scabbing over and with everything, it cracks in some places and can bleed and we really just want to make sure we have the most minimal scar as possible. It is still numb, so I can rub my hand gently over the incision to try to scratch the itch, but the vaseline does help that to go away, so I recommend it, especially at night. So, I started to get things cleaned up tonight and as long as everything goes as planned tomorrow, I will be home in my own bed tomorrow night. The plan is that mom will come stay with me during the day until I can get around by myself. It's amazing how weak a surgery can make you. I have been trying to do stretches and walk as much as possible, but it's amazing how tired out you can get in a short amount of time! and I was in only a week. I am sure the surgery though is what is doing it. I just have to be careful to not overdo it because you can make it worse by overdoing it and set yourself back. Anyways, Not much really going on right now, but just anxious to get home! Love to all! Nicole

No comments: